Computations are some of the easiest questions of CXC / CSEC math exams and usually appear as the first set of questions in your CXC multiple choice math section. The mathematics CXC Syllabus onlines the computation objective as follows:
On completion of this section students should be able to:
1. demonstrate an understanding of place value;
2. demonstrate computational skills;
3. be aware of the importance of accuracy in computation;
4. appreciate the need for numeracy in everyday life;
5. demionstrate the ability to make estimates fit for purpose.
Here are 4 computation questions that were part of past cxc multiple choice. Learn them. Do not fail the easiest part of the multiple choice section.
The Place value of 4 in the number 832.14 is
The number 2549 written to 2 significant figures is
The number 32747 written to 4 significant figures is
The number 2747 written to 3 significant figures is
Here is a tip on Place Value: